IS IT COMPULSORY TO ATTEND A CHURCH?
By firstname.lastname@example.org. Aug 16, 2022
IS IT COMPULSORY TO ATTEND A CHURCH?
Text: Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
It is becoming a culture for people not to go to church. Judging by the percentage of church attendees many years ago compared to what it is now, it is evident that there is an increasing number of non-churchgoers worldwide.
People have different reasons to justify their continual absence from church.
Some believe there are other ways to practice their faith aside from going to church, while some generally dislike religious gatherings.
A lot have preconceived notions about churches and pastors that put them off engaging themselves in activities relating to them.
Every reason a man has to not attend a church is definitely personal. It is always more about personal preferences and desires or personal feelings about the church in general.
But while it is respectable to leave everyone to their rights, it is pertinent to ask the question of what God wants us to do since it is never about us but mainly about what God wants from us.
Being a part of a church isn’t just important for us but also essential for our Christian journey.
In case of doubts or contemplations on how crucial going to church is, below are a few reasons to have a change of mindset and fix our hearts on attending a church.
- There is a clear instruction on not neglecting the assembling together of believers. This coming together can only take place in the church. It is not how we feel; it is what God has stated for us. Hebrews 10:25
- The church is a primary provision God has put down to keep man away from sin. When we are outside of the covering, we are susceptible to sin. We get hardened by sin.Hebrews 3:12 – 13
- The church is where we gain access to the powerful Word of God. The church is where the Word is preached. And if we have hold the Word to any esteem, it would not be too difficult for us to show up in person to hear it read and preached.
- We get encouragement in a gathering of believers. We get lifted while we get the chance to lift others – Hebrews 10:25b
- We should go to church as a member of the body of Christ. The church is the individual person that cannot sustain on his own but can grow by coming together with other members. Romans 12:5
- We go to church to exercise our spiritual gifts. Every believer, born of the spirit, has a gift given unto him for the growth and expansion of the kingdom by serving others and glorifying God.
- We should go to church to train up our young ones. The moral and spiritual training the church offers are the ideal ways a child should grow up. Proverbs 22:6
- Going to church is a way to showcase the love of Jesus to the world. The love of Christ is densely displayed in the church. A good platform to show it forth. John 13:35
- We go to church because every part of the body is indispensable. The body of Christ needs every member to be complete. 1 Corinthians 12:21-22
- The church on earth is the perfect display of what our future with God will look like; it will involve all His elect. Abstaining from God will in fact not do your potential in God’s promised eternity lots of favors. Revelation 21:3
God’s plan for us is much better than what we have for ourselves. His planting of the church is not for us to choose whether or not it is needed for us to be a part, it is so that we will be perfected in every sense.
If you love Jesus, you will love his body too.
Remember, Christ loves the church and gave His life for it (Eph 5:25).
If you love Christ, you will too.
Right of Entry: The effort we make on this website is all for spreading the gospel of Christ. It is non-profiting and no harm intended. In a case whereby you feel your content has been stuck-up or copyright violated, please CLICK HERE to reach out to us to issue complaints. You can also email email@example.com. Proofs of ownership and basis of motions will be required. Thanks.
Login to comment